2006 was a great year. It had so many things happen that were not happening in 2005. Here’s a breakdown of some of the things.
- Joined the Go Media team.
- Worked one designs for Metallica, Killswitch Engage, Avenged Sevenfold, Stone Sour, ICP, A Wilhelm Scream, and others.
- We hired Dave and Oliver.
- Had an office manager doing really awesome for us and then suddenly vanish into thin air.
- We also launched the Vector Packs which are doing very well and we’ll continue to make more for 2007.
- Launched Brent Simon into stardom. Well, what started as a new movie idea for me and Dan last winter break turned into a crazy internet phenomenon. We made a 30 minute documentary about Brent Simon and he played the synth (keyboard) and rocked out to Space Camp. That video spread all over the internet and he eventually performed on Jimmy Kimmel Live last November. We were on the news in the the newspaper, etc. Now he’s got an album and is starting to play shows across NE Ohio.
- Kim and I moved into our own apts. Kim and I were sharing our own apartment and sometime in June I decided I wanted to try living on my own. It was a rough moment in my relationship with Kim. It was hard at first, but we have since learned to live with it and make the best of it. And although I have enjoyed my “space” I can see lots of reasons why I miss living with Kim. And I’m ready to move back in with her when her lease is up. We’ll see what happens.
- Bought a nice car. I finally bought a nice car. It was a 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid. It cost $13k and had abot 100k miles on it when I got it. It is an awesome car and I love the fuel economy.
- Got in my first car accident. No sooner I get my new car, I get into an accident. I was slowing down for a slow moving vehicle to turn left. There was another car in front of me. We were all stopped and then I noticed the car in front of me manuvered itself over to the shoulder. I was confused and thought he wanted me to pass. So I went to pull out into the passing lane and was slammed into by a police car. He was trying to pass all of us and I never heard his siren. Our cars basically just rubbed sides and he was going about 45 mph. My front bumper flew off and my rear view mirror exploded. I was ok, not hurt at all. Just shocked. So when it was all said and done it was over $3,000 worth of damages and I got cited for “failing to yield to a public safety vehicle.” And my insurance went up. That sucked. I never saw it coming.
- Joined a Bowling League. We decided to form a Go Media bowling team. I got my first bowling ball and shoes and bag and all the goodies. My average is 160, but I’ve been bowling in the 180’s a lot lately.
Favorite Bands of 2006
- Set Your Goals
- The Advantage
- Strike Anywhere
- Bouncing Souls
- Brent Simon
- Mr Gnome
- 3 Inches of Blood
- Mose Giganticus
- The Loved Ones
- Street Dogs
- Against Me
Favorite Moves I saw this year
- Made in Britain
- The Firm
- The White Diamond
- Secrets and Lies
- This is Spinal Tap
- Fat Girl
- The Celebration
- The War Zone
- Tetsuo The Iron Man
- Fast Food Nation
Predictions for 2007
- I’ll see a bunch more movies.
- Listen to some more bands.
- Read some books (fast food nation, the long tail)
- Live with Kim again (I hope so)
- Brent will get more famous and finally make some money
- Vector Packs will become a large part of our business at Go Media
- Hire an office/sales manager at Go Media
- I will go to California to visit Dan Haylett
- Bowl my first 600 series
That’s about it. 2006 was a good year. I have a feeling 2007 will be good too. We’ll see!
WKYC Channel 3 News and WOIO Channel 19 Action News did stories on Brent and myself and the entire Nerd Punk phenomena. It was a pretty surreal day, as I have never been on the news before. And I don’t think Brent has either, but you’d have to ask him. These shows aired around 6:10-6:20 on Thursday evening. It was very fun, and again, we are very surprised at where this has gone. We had no idea this would happen when we started haha.